The Careers Lead at Amersham School is Mr Antony Mitchell, and the Deputy Careers Lead is Ms Tara Castle. Mr Mitchell can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org , Ms Castle can be contacted on email@example.com . They can both be telephoned on 01494 726562.
Here at Amersham School, we aim to do everything that we can to support every student in their preparations for the world of employment. Our school ethos embodies the development of employability skills as well as academic excellence, so that all our students may progress with confidence towards their chosen next step, be it university, further education, or work and training.
Our Careers Programme is supporting students by;
- providing impartial, individual careers guidance
- helping students to write effective curriculum vitae and personal statements
- working with business mentors
- encouraging Sixth Form students to organise work experience which supports their applications to higher and further education, and the workplace
- arranging interview training and mock interviews
- providing guidance regarding different career pathways, including information on apprenticeships
- arranging a wide variety of activities and visits that ensure students gain access to real life experiences of many types of career
One way to make your personal statement / CV stand out is to show that you have studied beyond your chosen subjects. Try taking this free online course at: https://www.futurelearn.com/schools. You can choose from hundreds of free online courses from top universities and specialist organisations. Browse by subject or start date, to find the right course for you.